The fundamental objectives of the program are:
- Students to approach the meaning of racism, xenophobia and multiculturalism
- To understand that all humans are equal and therefore every human should have access to the goods a society offers
- To have a better knowledge of the forms of support by organized activity of citizens in a local and international level, within a framework of cooperation with institutions (UNICEF, UNHCR, International Amnesty, global organisation for children’s rights)
- To realize the necessity of a personal activation and adopting a responsible attitude, mainly concerning teenagers
- To understand the problems which affect modern world
- To develop their critical thinking and know how to be active European Citizens
- To strengthen digital and linguistic skills of teachers and students
- To avoid early school leaving
This program fulfills the needs of modern European countries which are shaped under the following conditions:
- The multiformity of modern societies, due to inflow of immigrants, refugees and repatriates and the constant instability of the political-social processes, which create immigration upsurge.
- The expansion of “communicative“ borders of nations due to the pace of dissemination of internet use.
- The multiculturalism of every EU country within the school environment and the emergent need to cope with this new reality.
The resurgence of racist and nationalistic movements in a national, European and international level.